Brake Fluid Change in Castro Valley
Brake fluid change is an essential part of brake system maintenance. Also known as brake fluid flush, changing brake fluid regularly keeps your vehicle’s braking system functioning at an optimal level. Our Castro Valley auto repair shop offers brake fluid change as a part of our comprehensive brake maintenance services and repairs.
There are two questions we hear most often:
- How often do I need to change brake fluid? The answer differs depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Manufacturers recommend different time intervals – some recommend brake fluid change every 2 years or 20,000 miles, others recommend changing the brake fluid every 3 years, regardless of the mileage. If in doubt, bring your vehicle to Adams Autoworx in Castro Valley, and we will test the brake fluid to check if it needs to be exchanged.
- Why do I need to change brake fluid at all? There are two important reasons for changing brake fluid: chemical additives and moisture. Brake fluid contains special chemicals that are designed to protect the components of the brake system. Over time these chemicals deteriorate and no longer perform their function. The other reason is that brake fluid is highly “hygroscopic”, which means that it attracts moisture. Over time the water content of the brake fluid increases to the point that it not only corrodes brake system components, but it can even negatively impact the performance of the brakes. ABS brakes are particularly vulnerable.
Our Castro Valley auto repair shop employs highly skilled, nationally ASE-certified technicians, who have broad auto service and repair experience. They can inspect the brake system, brake pads, calipers, and test the brake fluid, and will let you know if anything needs to be serviced or repaired. So come to our Castro Valley auto repair facility – our friendly staff will greet you with a smile, and your vehicle will be in good hands – you can also expect:
- Complimentary local Lyft
- Free digital vehicle inspection with service or repairs
- For your peace of mind, our 36 months / 36,000 mile nationwide warranty
- Military and First Responder discounts
- Original Equipment or better quality parts
If you request brake inspection while scheduling your regular oil change, you will get both accomplished with little inconvenience. We highly recommend regular inspections, especially before the rainy season.
Adams Autoworx offers a broad range of auto maintenance services and repairs, and we work on all makes and models. We offer superior service and high-quality repairs so that you can have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your vehicle is in top shape – and that it is kept that way by highly skilled professionals. At Adams Autoworx we strive to make your auto service and repair experience pleasant and convenient – that’s why we offer online appointments, or you can simply call us at the shop.