60,000 Miles Service in Castro Valley, CA
At Adams Autoworx we highly recommend the following manufacturer-recommended service schedule. 60,000-mile service is one of the milestone services recommended by car manufacturers. Your vehicle has now traveled a substantial number of miles and is probably 3-5 years old, maybe older. It’s time for a major checkup, and it is also time to replace a number of components.
60k miles service involves lots of inspections - we want to make sure that you get a clear picture of the overall condition of your vehicle. Car manufacturers specify a lot of inspections to make sure the car is in top shape for the years to follow. When you bring your vehicle to our Castro Valley auto repair facility for a 60k manufacturer-recommended service, it will undergo:
- strut or shock absorber inspection
- oil and filter change (we recommend synthetic oil for most vehicles)
- brake fluid replacement
- steering component inspection
- visual inspection of the brakes, hoses, belts
- engine coolant replacement
- replacing the cabin air filter
- transmission fluid replacement
- spark plug replacement
- rotating tires
- timing belt replacement (if applicable)
- replacing the engine air filter
- checking for any fluid leaks
- manufacturer recommended safety inspection
The above list is somewhat generic – we will always look up the past service history of your vehicle (if it has been serviced with us) as well as manufacturer recommendations specific to your vehicle’s make and model. The 60K service allows our ASE-certified technicians to inspect your vehicle and spot any developing problems, so they can be addressed.
We will also check for any manufacturer recall notifications – if your vehicle has recall items, we will let you know so you can get them repaired for free at the dealership.
60k mile inspection is very important for the overall health of your vehicle. We offer convenient online appointments on our website. You can also call the shop directly, and we will be happy to make an appointment on the phone – we can also answer any questions you may have,