Castro Valley 45,000 Mile Service
Your car has reached 45,000 miles – it’s time for a service.
Good news – the 45K service is not as extensive as the previous one.
Basically it’s similar to the 15,000 mile service. While the details vary depending on the model and make, typically, manufacturers recommend following for the 45,000 mile service:
- change oil and filter (we recommend synthetic oil for most cars)
- rotate tires
- engine air filter should be replaced
- cabin air filter should be replaced
- visually inspect belts, brakes, hoses
- check for leaking fluids
- check for any abnormal / unusual noises
- safety inspection recommended by the manufacturer
But there is a bit more – your car has gone some distance, and stuff is starting to wear out, so most manufacturers also recommend that we check:
- brake pads – it’s possible you will need new brake pads, particularly if you live or drive in a hilly area – there are parts of Castro Valley that will cause additional wear of your brakes
- tires –particularly if you live in the hilly area of Castro Valley, your tires may need to be replaced; if you own a hybrid, regenerative braking system of hybrids causes additional wear on the tires
But overall, the forty five thousand mile service is usually pretty quick, and at Adams Quality Automotive we do our best to make it easy and painless. So give us a call, or schedule an appointment online. Adams Quality Automotive Castro Valley repair and service garage is conveniently located on Lake Chabot Rd, about a mile from the Eden Hospital.