Castro Valley 45,000-Mile Service
Your car has reached 45,000 miles – it’s time for a service.
Good news – the 45K service is not as extensive as the previous one.
Basically it’s similar to the 15,000-mile service. While the details vary depending on the model and make, typically, manufacturers recommend following for the 45,000-mile service:
- change oil and filter (we recommend synthetic oil for most cars)
- rotate tires
- engine air filter should be replaced
- cabin air filter should be replaced
- visually inspect belts, brakes, hoses
- check for leaking fluids
- check for any abnormal / unusual noises
- safety inspection recommended by the manufacturer
But there is a bit more – your car has gone some distance, and stuff is starting to wear out, so most manufacturers also recommend that we check:
- brake pads – it’s possible you will need new brake pads, particularly if you live or drive in a hilly area – there are parts of Castro Valley that will cause additional wear of your brakes
- tires –particularly if you live in the hilly area of Castro Valley, your tires may need to be replaced; if you own a hybrid, regenerative braking system of hybrids causes additional wear on the tires
But overall, the forty-five thousand mile service is usually pretty quick, and at Adams Autoworx we do our best to make it easy and painless. So give us a call, or schedule an appointment online. Adams Autoworx Castro Valley repair and service garage is conveniently located on Lake Chabot Rd, about a mile from the Eden Hospital.