Fuel Filter Replacement – Your Car Will Thank You
Fuel filter keeps debris from reaching the engine, and like any filter, it gets clogged up with gunk and needs to be replaced from time to time. As you can imagine, if the filter gets plugged up, or even if it only filters gasoline at a limited capacity, engine performance can suffer. At Adams Autoworx in Castro Valley we offer complete auto maintenance services, including fuel filter replacement.
Here are some of the signs that the fuel filter may need to be replaced:
• Rough Idling or Misfires – Clogged fuel filter may cause low fuel pressure in the engine, which can result in rough idling and even misfires. Misfires will likely cause the check engine light to come on as well.
• Vehicle Starting Problems – dirty fuel filter may cause difficulty starting the car, though it rarely prevents it – it just cranks longer before it starts.
• Slow Acceleration - Since fuel delivery is not optimal, your car will exhibit performance issues, easiest to notice will be slow acceleration.
• Noisy Fuel Pump - restricted fuel filter can put additional strain on the fuel pump, which in turn may manifest in louder operation – if you hear new/unusual noises generated by your vehicle, it’s always a good idea to have it checked out by professionals.
• Engine Stalling – worst case scenario, your vehicle’s engine may stall. And it may stall repeatedly. While it’s rare, it does happen.Stalling can be caused by many problems, but none of them should be allowed to linger, so it’s time to take your car to the friendly mechanic near you.
Fortunately, fuel filters problems are relatively easy to diagnose and fairly inexpensive fix. If you suspect your vehicle needs a new fuel filter, or it exhibits any symptoms you find disconcerting, do not hesitate to call or visit the auto repair specialists at Adams Autoworx in Castro Valley.