Finding a great place to take your car is very important to "winning" with cars.
My recommendations based on 30 years in the automotive field are to look for a service center and advisor, much like you would a new doctor, dentist, lawyer, accountant, church, or significant other (really). Step one is to determine your needs. Good questions might include:
1. How long have you been in business?
2. Are you ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Certified
3. Are you AAA Certified
4. What are your base warranties. Industry standard is 90 days 4000 miles. For comparisons sake, Adams Autoworx offers 24 month, 24,000 mile base warranties.
5. Does the shop work on the Make of vehicle that you own?
6. Can the shop perform extended warranty service?
7. What does their Yelp and Google reviews look like?
8. What does their website look like?
These are great questions to start. Then maybe have them do a little service, like an oil change, smog check, or wheel alignment to see what their service is like and how they take care of you.
When you make up your mind to find a good shop, keep in mind that you don't have to go to "The Dealer" for service on your vehicles. Even if they are still under warranty! As a matter of fact, I encourage you not to use the dealer for your service needs, as you will find much better pricing and superior service from your Local Independent Service Centers in your home town.
If you have questions, or want to take us for a test drive, check us out at:
Drive Save.......Bill "The Car Czar" Adams